Your future job
The district sales manager makes the sell of seeds to the distribution network in Eastern Ontario and the Lanrentides (travelling approximately 20%-30% of the time). He supports the representatives with adequate training, the follow-up of the sales program, as well as providing all the relevant technical information concerning Prograin’s products and services.
Your responsibilities :
Sale of Soybeans
- Sell and promote seeds to the distribution network and certain producers not served by the network;
- Participate in and develop the seed sales program, annual marketing strategies and determine annual objectives;
- Provide training and technical support as an expert advisor to the distribution network;
- Collect technical data and propose solutions;
- Participate in various agricultural fairs.
Prograin elite variety evaluation program
- Take charge of the development of annual research protocols with the seed team and ensure the distribution of the results;
- Establish an evaluation and demonstration program for Prograin varieties;
- Ensure the execution of the evaluation / demonstration program while ensuring the visibility of the Prograin brand;
- Carry out technical analyzes during the harvesting of demonstration fields.
Your skills and strengths
- Baccalaureate in agronomy;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the seed industry;
- Member of the Ordre des Agronomes du Québec or CCA in Ontario;
- Possess natural leadership to persuade and sell a product;
- Bilingualism is essential;
- Excellent knowledge of the Eastern Ontario territory;
- Road travel required in peak periods;
- Covered territories : Eastern Ontario, Laurentides, Témiscamingue, Maritimes;
- Head office located in Montérégie;
- 1 day per week in the office and 4 days per week remote working or on the road.
Need a change of scenery?
Our facilities are located in Saint-Césaire, on the banks of the Yamaska River.
Our team is warm and dynamic. We offer a healthy work environment where everyone can contribute to the success of the company. Our new open-plan offices promote discussion and teamwork. Our wages and working conditions are highly competitive.
We also offer :
- Medical insurance, including dental care
- Pension fund with employer contribution
- Annual amount for physical activities
- Annual budget for clothing
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonuses
- Reimbursement of professional contributions, depending on the occupied position
- Scholarship for graduate children of employees
- Social activities paid for by the employer
- Remote work policy